The internet is an ever-changing landscape of opportunities and it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest changes. Blogging has become one of the most popular ways for businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals to get their voices heard. Blogs are a great way to establish your expertise in a particular niche or industry while also providing valuable information that will help you build credibility with potential customers. Blogs can serve as an excellent marketing tool for driving traffic back to your website, but only if they’re done right!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. I only suggest products I use and love.
How to Write a Blog Post for Beginners:
When it comes to writing a blog post, there are several things you need to consider. First and foremost is your topic or niche. Blogs that cover topics in which the writer has an expert level of knowledge will always perform better than blogs where the author seems like they’re just guessing at what people want to read about. Once you’ve decided what you’re going to blog about, it’s time to start writing.
Blog posts can be written in a variety of formats including lists, tips, tricks, or even full-blown tutorials. In order to make sure your content is easy for readers to follow along with (and therefore more likely to convert), include images when appropriate and use numbered lists to make sure your post is easy to follow. Blog posts with lots of graphics and bulleted points tend to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) than other types of content, so it’s important that you keep this in mind when writing blog posts for SEO purposes.
The best way to learn how to write a blog that will rank high and help promote your business is to study what others are doing well. Check out some of the top blogs in your industry and see what techniques they’re using to get results. Then, put your own spin on it and make sure you’re providing valuable content that will help your readers solve their problems.
Once you have a few topics in mind, it’s time to start doing some keyword research. In order to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), you’ll need to include keywords and phrases that are relevant to your topic. There are a number of different tools and techniques you can use to find relevant keywords for your blog.
Why Should I be Writing Blogs?
Blogs are a great way to establish yourself as an industry expert while providing valuable information that will help you build credibility with potential customers. Writing blogs will increase traffic to your site and drive leads to your business. Blogs can also serve as an excellent marketing tool for driving traffic back to your website. But, only if they’re done right!
Blog posts are highly shareable, which means lots of people will see your content if it’s good. Blogs can also be linked to other websites making them more likely to rank for relevant keywords in search engine results pages (SERPs). Blogging is an effective way to build a community around your brand and receive feedback from potential customers. Blog content can also be used as a lead generation tool by capturing email addresses from readers who are interested in learning more about your products or services.
Now, what the heck are you supposed to write about? What you had for breakfast and your to-do list for today? No way. Unless that is your jam, then please, continue. There are many different ways that you can blog to promote your business. Here are some of the most common types of blog posts.
Most Popular Types of Blog Posts
There are many different types of blog posts that can be written, but the most effective ones are those that provide helpful information or solutions to readers. Some popular topics for blog posts include:
- Industry news and trends
- How-to guides
- Product reviews
- Opinion pieces
- Event recaps
- Interviews with industry experts
- Tips and tricks of your trade
- Resource lists
- Contest announcements
The possibilities are endless, so be creative and think about what your target audience would find interesting and useful. When thinking about what type of posts you want to write, it’s important to consider the keywords and phrases that people are likely to type into a search engine when looking for information about your topic.
What Can be Written in a Blog?
Anything and everything! But, in order to make sure your blog is effective in driving traffic back to your website, it’s important to focus on topics that are relevant to your target audience. When you’re brainstorming ideas for blog content, ask yourself the following questions:
- What are my readers interested in?
- What do they need help with?
- What solutions can I provide through my blog content?
Once you have a few topics in mind, it’s time to start writing! But, don’t forget about SEO. In order to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), you’ll need to include keywords and phrases that are relevant to your topic. We will get into the know-how and tried and true SEO tips down further.
How to Write a Blog Post Step by Step:
- Find a blog topic that is relevant and interesting to your audience.
- Brainstorm relevant topics for your blog content by asking yourself the following questions: What are my readers interested in? What do they need help with? What solutions can I provide through my blog content?
- Use a keyword research tool to find out the rankings of the keywords on your list and help you narrow down your list to the keyword you are trying to rank for. There are many free tools to use (listed below) that will give you an idea of how difficult it will be to rank for a specific keyword or phrase. The results are based on data collected that analyzes the number of links and overall competition for a keyword. The higher the score, the more difficult it will be to rank for that specific search term without paying for advertising or using black hat SEO tactics.
- Write your blog post using, aiming the content towards your chosen keywords from your research.
- Include graphics in your blog post and ensure that you have an enticing featured image. I use Canva to create all of the grpahics for my blog posts.
- The final step is to promote your blog. You can promote your blog on social media: Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Locals, etc. I suggest focusing heavily on Pinterest promotion for each of your blog posts. If you are unsure of how to use Pinterest for your business, check out my post here about how to create a Pinterest strategy for your business.
- Start all over again to create your next blog. After writing multiple blogs, you will get into a cycle and become a lean, mean blogging machine (or at least that is the goal).
How to write a blog post template:
Your blog post titles should always be descriptive and include relevant keywords. Blog posts rely on organic search traffic to drive revenue, so it is important that they are properly optimized for search engines. Long titles can cause a blog post’s readability score to drop significantly, which will result in less traffic from readers. It also looks unprofessional if a blog post’s title is too long and stuffed with spammy looking keywords.
The following formula can be used to create a catchy, keyword-rich blog post title:
[Keyword] + [Topic] = [Title]
Blog Posts: Use keyword research, incorporate these keywords into content that is readable by humans and gives them what they’re looking for (useful information) and make sure to add images and videos for a better user experience.
The Blog Post Body: Include the keyword at least once, but try to place it where it makes the most sense for readers. Be sure to include the keyword in a way that is both natural and readable. Include your topic in a way that is both interesting and informative so readers want to stick around until you get down to business at the end. The more times a keyword is included in a blog post, the more likely it is that the blog will rank for that term. However, overuse of keywords can result in decreased readability and lower search engine rankings.
How Do You Write a Good Blog Post?
- Blog posts should be 1,500-2,500 words long depending on the type of post.
- Make sure your blog post’s title is descriptive and includes relevant keywords.
- In order to rank in Google, include the keyword at least once but no more than three times throughout the text.
- Try to place the keyword where it makes the most sense for readers and doesn’t feel like spammy content.
- Blog posts should be interesting and informative to read, so people will stick around until you get down to business at the end.
Now that we have covered what a successful blog post includes, it’s time to dig into SEO further!
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of optimizing a website for Google search with the goal of increasing web traffic. There are many techniques that can be used in order to improve a website’s rank, and some are more effective than others. Here are some of the most popular tips for SEO in blogging.
SEO Tips for Blog Posts:
- Use keyword research to find relevant keywords and phrases for your blog post content.
- Incorporate these keywords into your content in a way that is both natural and readable.
- Promote your blog posts on social media platforms and other websites.
- Link back to your website from your blog posts.
- Use images and videos to break up your content and add visual interest.
- Optimize your blog posts for search engines by using the correct keywords and tags.
- Regularly update your blog content to keep readers engaged.
- Write helpful, informative, and interesting blog posts that will appeal to your target audience.
- Blogs are a great way to establish yourself as an industry expert while providing valuable information that will help you build credibility with potential customers.
How to Improve your site’s SEO:
- Conduct keyword research to identify relevant keywords and phrases
- Use these keywords throughout your website, including in your blog posts
- Blog about industry news and trends, how-to guides, product reviews, opinion pieces, event recaps, and interviews with experts
Most Commonly Used SEO Keyword Tools:
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- Sem Rush
I have personally used Sem Rush, Ahrefs and Google AdWords Keyword Planner. Sem Rush and Ahrefs are on the pricier side, which is why I suggest Keysearch if you are just starting out and don’t want a hefty monthly bill. To try out Keysearch for yourself, click here.
(I am always trying out a few other software, so I will update this post if I find something new!)
Once you’ve found a couple of high-traffic keywords that are relevant to your topic, it’s time to start including them in your content. But, don’t go overboard! You don’t want your blog post to read like a spammy sales pitch. Instead, try to include them naturally throughout your content in a way that sounds natural and makes sense for the topic you’re writing about.
By following these simple steps, you can create blog posts that are both informative and useful for your readers while also helping you to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). So, what are you waiting for?
SEO techniques for optimizing your blog posts in 2023:
- Optimize your blog post title for search engines
- Include the keyword in the post’s URL
- Use the keyword in the first sentence of the post
- Repeat the keyword throughout the post, but don’t overuse it
- Add images and videos to make your content more engaging
- Promote your blog posts on social media to increase traffic
- Keep your blog up-to-date with relevant industry news and trends, how-to guides, product reviews, opinion pieces, event recaps, and interviews with experts.
How to blog effectively:
Blogging is an effective way to establish yourself as an industry expert while providing valuable information that will help you build credibility with potential customers. In order to be successful, your blog posts should:
- Be well written and informative.
- Use keyword research to find relevant keywords and phrases.
- Incorporate these keywords into your content in a way that is both readable and interesting.
- Regularly update your content to keep readers engaged.
- Write helpful, informative, and interesting blog posts that will appeal to your target audience.
- Blog post title
- Keyword research
- Write in a way that is both readable and interesting
- Use keywords where they make the most sense
- Regularly update content to keep readers engaged
- Provide helpful information or solutions to readers
- Create images and graphics to increase your readability
Now that you have all of the components and information on how to create a successful, SEO-targeted blog, it’s your turn! Here are some blog type examples to study for structure while you are writing your own.
Blog Writing Examples:
How to/Tutorial: How to Use Pinterest Analytics: What They Mean and How They Help
List/Resource: 10 Best Fonts in Canva – Guide for Designers
How to/Tutorial: How to Create a Pinterest Strategy for Your Business
How to/Tutorial: How to Export Your Canva Logo to a Vector File
How to/Tutorial: How to Create a Pinterest Business Profile: The Ultimate Guide
Before starting your blog make sure you have these 5 things nailed down:
- What type of content do you want your audience to consume?
- Who are you targeting (yourself vs other people)?
- How often should posts be published?
- Where should you be posting?
- What should your posts look like when finished?
Blogging has become one of the most popular ways for businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals to get their voices heard. Blogs are a great way to establish your expertise in a particular niche or industry while also providing valuable information that will help you build credibility with potential customers. Now it’s your turn to start writing!
- Pinterest Planning Template + Resources List
- 25 Best Free Canva Fonts List Canva Template
- Pinterest Profile Cover Template